Saturday, April 2, 2016

Classroom Decor

I am a believer in your classroom decor not only being fun for the students, but also reflecting your own personality! I have loved mysteries ever since I discovered Nancy Drew and I think they're a great place for some reluctant readers to find their niche. Isn't learning in school somewhat like uncovering a mystery, too? With this in mind, I decided to make my classroom detective/mystery themed. I had emailed some local libraries asking for detective-themed book posters, but never got a response. I'm still hoping to uncover more treasures as the year ends, but here are some mystery themed highlights so far:

I also added random magnifying glasses around the classroom to try to carry the theme, even with the unrelated academic posters:

My bulletin boards also have mystery-related titles on them, like, "The mystery of history," "case notes," and "hot on the trail of learning." 

What does your classroom decor look like this school year? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment